A warming, hearty dish perfect for the coming Winter months. Packed with flavour and a little kick of chilli to warm you up. Let us take you to flavour town!
- 500g/4 cups orecchiette pasta
- 5 Italian sausages
- 200g/2 cups cavelo nero, leaves torn from the stalks and roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato paste/puree
- 400g/4 cups tomato passata
- 250ml/1 cup double/heavy cream
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 tsp peperoncino chilli flakes
- Salt & pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
In a large saucepan add the oil on a medium heat. Squeeze the sausage meat out of their skins and add to the pan and break up with a wooden spoon. Fry for around 5 minutes.
Add the garlic and peperoncino chilli flakes and cook for a further 2 minutes.
Add the tomato paste and passata and mix well. Add the cavelo nero and season with salt and pepper. Reduce for 5 minutes. Then add the cream and reduce for 25 minutes until the sauce thickens.
Add the pasta to a pan of salted water and cook until al dente.
Drain and add to the sauce and toss together until combined.
Serve and enjoy… Buon Appetito…