A classic Tuscan bread soup/stew which is perfect for the cold Winter months. Packed with flavour and a kick of chilli to keep you warm!
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves roughly chopped
- 1 large bunch cavalo nero, stalks removed and leaves roughly chopped
- 250ml/2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 250ml/1 cup veg stock
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 1 tsp pepperoncino chilli flakes
- Parmesan cheese
- Italian rustic bread
Add a drizzle of oil to a large pan, add in the onion, celery and carrot and cook for 5 minutes on a medium heat. Sprinkle in the chilli flakes and garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes. Now add the tomatoes and stock and cannellini beans and mix well.
Add the cavalo nero, season with salt and pepper and simmer for 45 minutes.
Sprinkle generously Parmesan cheese.
Tear the bread into chunks and add to the pan and now it’s times to serve… Buon appetito!