Quick and easy and bursting with flavour, this dish is made with simple ingredients and something for all the family to enjoy.
- 12 oz casarecce pasta or any short pasta
- 1 (8.5-ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon peperoncini chilli flakes
- Handful fresh basil
- 100g/1/4 cup pine nuts
- Salt & pepper
- Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, plus more for serving
- 100ml/1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. (Add enough salt so that the water tastes like the sea.) Cook the pasta until al dente.
Meanwhile, make the pesto. In a food processor combine the sun-dried tomatoes with their oil, garlic, salt, red pepper flakes, basil, pine nuts, Parmigiano-Reggiano and olive oil. Pulse, scraping down the sides as necessary, until the mixture is finely puréed.
Add the pasta back to a saucepan. Add the pesto and stir to combine. Transfer to a serving dish or pasta bowls and serve with more grated Parmigiano-Reggiano. Buon Appetito…