Super tasty and quick, this dish is a family favourite! Meaty Italian sausages with earthy porcini mushrooms in a beautiful cream sauce!
- 500g/5 cups Tagliatelle
- 400g/5oz Italian sausages or good quality pork sausages
- 50g/1/2 cup dried porcini mushrooms, soaked in warm water for 15 minutes, drained
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 100ml/1 cup Italian white wine
- 150ml/1 cup double cream
- 2 tbsp mascarpone
- 100g/1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Remove the skins from the sausages and place the meat mixture in a bowl
Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a low heat and fry the sausage meat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon to crumble the meat.
Add in the garlic and season with salt and pepper and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
Pour in the wine and cook for a further minute to allow the alcohol to evaporate.
Pour in the cream and mascarpone, mix everything together and cook for 1 minute.
Add the porcini and a generous amount of parmesan cheese and mix well.
Meanwhile cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente. Add the pasta to the sauce and toss together.
Toss everything together for 30 seconds to allow the flavours to combine.