Fusilli With Pistachio & Arugula Pesto
A vibrant flavoured sauce, nutty and zesty, that can be used on anything from grilled chicken to pasta.
- 500g/5 cups fusilli pasta
- 75g/1/2 cup shelled pistachio nuts
- 150g/5 oz. arugula/rocket
- 50g/1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 60ml/1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon juice only (about 2 tbsp.)
- 2 cloves garlic cloves
- 150g/1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 125g/1 cup mozzarella
- Salt & pepper
Add the pasta to a pan of salted boiling water and cook until al dente.
In a food processor or blender, pulse the pistachios and garlic. Then add the arugula and pulse again. Add the parmesan cheese, lemon juice and olive oil, season with salt and pepper and pulse until well blended but not too smooth.
Add the pesto to a pan and drain the pasta and add to the pan with the pesto and toss together. Add extra parmesan and olive oil and combine. Add the cherry tomatoes and tear the mozzarella into pieces and toss together. Buon appetito…