Alberti’s Italian Burrito
Behold the Burrissimo! An Italian-Inspired Burrito with a Twintastico Twist!
- 6 tortillas
- 500g/1lb beef mince
- 450g/2 cups tomato passata
- 3 tbsp tomato puree/paste
- 2 carrots finely diced
- 2 celery stalks finely diced
- 5 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 185g/1 cup borlotti beans
- 185g/1 cup cannellini beans
- 150g/11/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano
- 2 tbsp peperoncino chilli flakes
- 225g/1 cup mascarpone
- 10 fresh basil leaves finely chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper
Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy skillet. Add the onions, carrot, celery and fry for around 5 minutes. Add the garlic, peperoncino chilli flakes to add that extra heat and fry until garlic is golden. Then add the beef mince to the pan, cook, stirring frequently, until meat is almost done. Add the tomato passata and tomato puree/paste, basil and mix well. Add the borlotti and cannellini beans and cook stirring frequently. Season with salt and pepper and simmer for around 2 hours until the sauce reduces and thickens.
Add the bean and meat sauce to the centre of the burrito and sprinkle generously with Parmigiano Reggiano on top and a few dollops of mascarpone. Fold up the bottom of the burrito to cover the filling then fold the edges in. Roll up tightly and enjoy!